The Brighton Aldridge Community Academy extended their support for Table Tennis, when they installed a further two outdoor Table Tennis Tables.
In June 2011 Jay Tostevin DOS/Assistant Vice Principal first saw AMV’s Table Tennis table, when he visited the AMV stand at the Youth Sport Trust’s exhibition and was impressed with the playing characteristics, he was involved in the setting up of a Table Tennis Academy alongside a local Table Tennis Club and wanted to add outdoor tables if the Head Teacher would allow him to do so.
He said that they were to move into a brand new building in September 2012, he had to get all the basic equipment sorted out first and wanted to install Table Tennis tables which would look good in the school’s colours.
In July of this year when the move to the new building was completed, Mr. Richard Lines the Academy’s Premises Manager placed an order with AMV Playgrounds for a further two tables, with the original three tables being re-located into the new premises.
The key benefits of installing outdoor Table Tennis tables as quoted by the ETTA are:
- Provides free and easy access to a healthy activity
- Appeals to a wide variety of people across all demographics
- Promotes physical and mental fitness
- Complements other physical activity areas
- Contributes to reducing anti social behaviour
- Can help to improve school and community to club links